Help and Advice



Who can Stella help?

Stella can only help in cases raised by people who live in her constituency, which covers Walthamstow (E17) and a few streets in Leyton (E10) and Highams Park (E4). Strict Parliamentary protocol means that MPs are only allowed to take up cases on behalf of their own constituents.

You can find out who your local MP is by entering your postcode here.

Please note that if you are contacting Stella on behalf of a friend or family member she will need their consent over the phone or in writing before taking action.


What can Stella help you with?

Stella can help you with any matter for which Parliament or central government is responsible, such as matters relating to:

  • - Benefits, pensions or allowances – please have your National Insurance Number ready when contacting the office.
  • - Immigration and Asylum - please have your Full Name/Date of birth/Country of Origin/Home Office reference number ready when contacting the office.
  • - Queries and complaints about the NHS
  • - Issues regarding tax
  • - Education
  • - Queries and complaints about the NHS


How can Stella help?

Stella and her team can help constituents by raising concerns with the relevant department or official or writing to the relevant Minister, many problems can be solved in this way. Our constituent cases are dealt with in terms of how urgent the case is, so please note that due to the volume of correspondence Stella receives, helping constituents with urgent personal problems has to take priority over responding to correspondence on political issues.


Stella doesn't have any control over Waltham Forest Council and if your problem relates to the local authority, the first contact should be with your local councillors or the council customer care centre. If you are not satisfied with their response Stella may be able to assist. Please provide proof that you've approached the council before contacting our office. You can check who your ward councillors are here.

Waltham Forest Council has responsibility for matters such as:

  • - Housing – allocations, repairs, problems with landlords
  • - Finance – Council tax, Housing and Council Tax Benefit, rent arrears
  • - Schools – allocation of school places, complaints
  • - Social services – carers, Child Protection
  • - Environmental health - noise nuisance, trading standards, public health
  • - Planning
  • - Waste Services - refuse collection/ street cleaning/fly-tipping
  • - Public highways – potholes, road repairs, street lighting, traffic problems
  • - Leisure facilities – libraries, parks, sports centres


Waltham Forest Council can be reached on: 020 8496 3000



How to contact Stella?

Stella can be reached via:


Phone: 020 8521 1223 (lines are open Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.30pm except for bank holidays) 


If you would like to keep up to date with what Stella is working on, you can sign up to her newsletter here


Some Other Useful Contacts 

-Find your councillor:

-Local support and community services map
-Cost of livingwhere to get help 

-Covid-19 Information and Advice
-NHS online
-NHS - 111
-NELFT Mental Health Direct - 0800 995 1000
-Healthwatch- 020 8078 9990
-Samaritans - 116 123
-Citizens Advice Waltham Forest - 0300 330 1175

If you require legal advice, please call the CLA to establish if you are entitled to Legal Aid - 0345 345 4345
Law Society (Find a solicitor service) - 020 7320 5650
Shelter- 0808 800 4444

Crime Stoppers: 0800 555 111
UK Visas & Immigration – 0300 123 2253
Debt Advice (Stepchange) - 0800 138 1111
Freephone 24-Hour National Domestic Abuse Helpline: 0808 2000 247
Solace Advice and Advocacy Waltham Forest 073 4068 3382

Police- Emergency- 999 Non-Emergency-101

Report ASB to the Met Police here
Report ASB to Waltham Forest Council here