We are currently receiving a high number of queries relating to Brexit. Here are some helpful resources.
- Waltham Forest Council are continuing to offer the ID scanner service in our libraries, and have now reviewed this and made the decision to waive the £14 fee for residents of Waltham Forest. This service is available in Walthamstow and Leytonstone libraries.
- There is information on Waltham Forest Council’s website about the support available: https://www.walthamforest.gov.uk/content/brexit-information-residents
- The EU Londoners Hub also contains information on where EU nationals can go for legal advice: https://www.london.gov.uk/what-we-do/eu-londoners-hub
- Waltham Forest Council are using social media to post content about the settled status scheme such as this: https://twitter.com/wfcouncil/status/1220699167661662209
- The Government has created a toolkit for employers who may be unsure about the status of EU employees which can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/eu-settlement-scheme-employer-toolkit
- If you need support to apply for settled status, please call the Home Office on 03333 44 56 75. They can support you to make an appointment for in the library. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/eu-settlement-scheme-assisted-digital-service/eu-settlement-scheme-assisted-digital-service#contact-we-are-digital-if-you-need-assisted-digital-support
- You can find more information from Waltham Forest Council here https://walthamforest.gov.uk/content/brexit-information-residents
- You can find more information from Citizens Advice here https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/immigration/staying-in-the-uk-after-brexit/staying-in-the-uk-after-brexit/